5 Delicious Chocolate Recipes
Who doesn’t love chocolate? Why not try 1 or all 5 delicious chocolate recipes that follow.
Fancy or Plain Fun Chocolate Fondue Recipe
Want a chocolate fondue recipe for a little real fun with food? Here’s one that’s a special creation to make for friends and another for those times you just don’t want to try so hard.
Makes 6 to 8 servings
– 4-ounce package sweet baking chocolate, broken up
– ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
– 2/3 cup light cream or milk
– 1/2 cup sifted powdered sugar
– teaspoon instant coffee crystals
– tablespoons coffee liqueur
Assorted fruits (such as star fruit slices, pineapple chunks, kiwi fruit wedges, strawberries, pear slices, banana slices)
In a heavy saucepan combine chocolates, cream, sugar, and coffee crystals. Heat and stir over low heat till melted and smooth. Remove from heat; stir in liqueur. Pour into a fondue pot; keep warm over low heat. Serve with fruit and cookies.
Prefer quick and easy-as-can-be? Three ingredients are all it takes.
Yield: 8 Servings
8 oz Chopped semisweet chocolate
1 1/4 c Sweetened condensed milk
1/3 c Milk
– Angel cake
– Pound cake
– Brownie squares
– Dried apricots
– Whole strawberries
– Banana slices
– Pineapple chunks
Melt chocolate. Stir in condensed milk and milk; heat through. Transfer to fondue pot; keep warm. Serve immediately. Stir in additional warm milk as needed to thin.
Radical Recipe for Chocolate Molten Lava Cake
Here’s a slightly radical recipe for chocolate molten lava cake. The creamy melted caramels are a show-stopping surprise!
Molten Lava Chocolate Cake
– 1-1/4 cup butter
– 3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
– 4 medium eggs
– 1/2 cup sugar
– 3/4 cup flour
– 12 caramel candies
– 1/4 cup evaporated milk, divided
Directions: Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Grease 12 muffins cups. Combine butter and chocolate chips in a double boiler. Cook, stirring continually, until chocolate is melted. Let stand to cool slightly. Combine eggs and sugar in a large bowl. Beat with an electric mixer set at medium speed until thickened, about five minutes. Add f lour gradually, beating at low speed. Add chocolate mixture and beat until thick and glossy, about three minutes. Fill prepared muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake the cakes for five minutes.
Meanwhile, combine caramels and 2-tablespoons evaporated milk in a double boiler. Cook, stirring continually, until caramels are melted. Spoon 2 teaspoonfuls of caramel mixture into each muffin cup. Bake for eight minutes longer. Invert cakes onto individual serving plates.
Stir remaining evaporated milk into remaining caramel mixture. Serve with warm cakes.
Goes well with flavored coffee for the adults, and chocolate milk for the kids.
Note: To melt the chocolate chips and butter in a microwave oven, use the defrost setting and microwave, stirring mixture occasionally, for about four minutes.
A Delightfully Dense Chocolate Cake Recipe
A delightfully dense chocolate cake recipe is a necessity for the recipe files of all true chocoholics. When it’s as easy as this one and as fabulous too, it’s a total no-brainer! Some vanilla ice cream would be proud to sit beside a piece of this cake.
This cake is very moist and extremely easy to make.
– 3 eggs
– 2 cups sugar
– 6 tablespoons cocoa
– 3 cups flour
– 1 teaspoon salt
– 2 teaspoons baking soda
– 1 cup margarine
– 1 cup buttermilk
– 1 cup boiling water or coffee
– 2 teaspoons vanilla
Makes 15-18 servings
Takes 45 minutes; 5 mins. prep. time
1. Measure all ingredients into mixing bowl.
2. Blend with electric mixer, beginning on low setting, and increasing speed until batter is of smooth consistency.
3. Pour into greased and floured cake pan (s) (1 9×13 or 3 small layer).
4. Bake at 350 degrees until toothpick tests clean.
5. Frost with your favorite frosting when cool
A Luscious Recipe for Flourless Chocolate Torte
A flourless chocolate torte is a dream come true: silky smooth and rich. Your guests will be impressed whether you offer the basic recipe or the more elaborate offering. They’ll be begging to know how you did it!
Flourless Chocolate Torte
– 12 ounces bittersweet chocolate
– 3 cups (6 sticks) butter, plus more for pan
– 12 eggs, separated
– 1 1/4 cups sugar, plus more for pan
Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Melt chocolate and butter in top of a double boiler. Remove from heat. In a separate bowl, whisk egg yolks and sugar until smooth. In another bowl, whip the egg whites until soft peaks hold, about 12 minutes. Blend egg yolk-sugar mixture into melted chocolate-butter mixture. Fold the beaten egg whites into the batter.
Butter bottom and sides of a 9-inch springform pan. Dust it lightly with sugar. Pour the batter into the pan and bake 40 to 45 minutes, or until the cake top cracks. Serve with a dollop of whipped cream.
A Good Low Calorie Chocolate Chip Muffins Recipe
Is there really a good low calorie chocolate chip muffins recipe? Here’s one with the added benefit of fragrant orange.
Chocolate Chip Orange Muffins – Low Fat
An old-fashioned recipe, slightly modified. 331 calories, 6 grams of fat, 1 mg of cholesterol…and good!!
– 1 cup all-purpose flour
– 3/4 cup whole-wheat flour
– 3/4 cup sugar
– 1 tablespoon baking powder
– 2 teaspoons finely shredded orange rind
– 2 egg whites
– 2/3 cup buttermilk
– 1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
– 1/2 cup chocolate chips
6 servings 30 minutes; 10 mins prep.
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Spray 6 large, 3″ muffin cups with no-stick spray and set aside.
3. In large bowl mix all dry ingrediants, including orange peel.
4. In small bowl, beat egg whites until foamy. Stire in the buttermilk and applesauce.
5. Add buttermilk mixture to flour mixture and stir just until moistened.
6. Fold in chocolate chips.
7. Spoon batter into cups.
8. Bake 20 to 22 minutes.
9. Cool in cups 5 minutes, then remove and cool on a wire rack.
10. To make standard sized muffins, spray 12 2 1/2″ muffin cups with no-stick spray and bake for 15 to 17 minutes. 166 calories, 3 grams of fat, o mg of cholesterol.
If you enjoyed this article, why not sign-up to our weekly Newsletter?